Eaton ePDUs designed for escalating power requirements.
The Eaton ePDU range from Critical Power Supplies provides IT and Data Centre Managers with a complete suite of ePDUs to help managers meet their rapidly escalating power requirements.
These PDUs complement your Eaton or third-party UPS systems, distributing power to up to 24 or 45 receptacles in high-density rack environments— or anywhere conditioned power must be distributed to multiple pieces of equipment.
Eaton is unique in the industry for providing a tiered set of PDU product families along two dimensions—tiered both in power capacity and in functionality. That means you can precisely match up the combination of features and power rating needed for each application.
Visit the newly launched product configuration wizard at www.epdu.com. The
|Eaton ePDU||families by power rating|
|Standard||Up to 4 kW, 15 to 30A—for example, to support up to six 1U/2U servers or peripherals|
|Mid-range||4 to 10 kW, 15A to 40A—supports up to 16 1U/2U servers or two blade server chassis|
|High||10 to 15 kW, 30A to 60A—for up to 25 1U/2U servers or three blade server chassis|
|Ultra High||15 kW and up, 60A—supports up to four blade chassis and other power-hungry equipment|
The portfolio includes nearly every combination of power rating and functionality level. You are not forced into a high-capacity solution simply to achieve remote monitoring or other high-end features. Nor are you constrained to buy high-end functionality just because you need high capacity.
ePDU Families By Power Rating
Eaton ePDU families by functionality
Basic Reliable power distribution from the UPS to up to 24 receptacles in a rack or wiring closet, substantially reducing the number of plenum cables from input source to each rack.
Metered All the features of the basic model, plus 7×24 monitoring and display of power utilization on any receptacle, branch circuit or the entire unit, to prevent overload conditions and tripped circuits.
Monitored All the features of basic and metered models, plus the ability to securely view the status of each circuit from anywhere on the company intranet or the Internet, and receive automated alerts of potential trouble.
Managed All the features above, plus advanced Revelation technology from Aphel (now part of Eaton’s electrical group) to control remote server boot-up or electronically lock designated receptacles to prevent unauthorized use.
Switched All of the features above, plus, remote site management. The Eaton switched ePDU provides remote power monitoring of both voltage and current.
eATS Designed for switching non phase synchronized AC power sources, the automatic transfer switch ePDUs intelligent circuitry monitors both inputs, providing a fast switch transfer from primary to secondary source to power critical equipment without interruption. Status LEDs indicate power available and output source, the ePDU assures the highest level of redundancy to mission critical applications.
Features and Benefits
- Plug-and-power architecture effectively distributes UPS power throughout high-density racks or wiring closets
- Options available for single-phase and three-phase applications up to 17 kilowatts (KW), flexible enough for blade server and switchgear applications
- User-selectable combination of NEMA, IEC and hardwired inputs and NEMA and IEC output receptacles
- Protects against overload conditions and tripped breakers with continuous monitoring
- Branch circuit protection standard, with UL 489-listed circuit breakers
- Enhances power availability by using separate circuit breakers for groups of receptacles (most models) to limit the impact of overload conditions
- Supports remote monitoring and management at the outlet, branch circuit and PDU level
- Supports scheduled or on-demand turn-on/off of individual outlets to start/reboot remote servers (many models)
- Saves valuable rack space with flexible mounting options, including 1U, 0U, wall and floor mounting