The Riello PowerShield³ provides user-friendly UPS management. The software displays real time information in the form of bar charts and values for critical data such as mains voltage, UPS load and battery charge%.
Critical Power Supplies recommends all users where possible load the software provided with the UPS and configure the software according to the site/users requirements. It is also important to regularly check for software updates, however customers of Critical Power Supplies are notified automatically of new updates becoming available.
It allows remote interrogation of UPS logs and operating parameters to help diagnose alarms and potential fault conditions. When instructed the software performs an automated safe power down of the protected PCs and file severs.
Operating Systems Supported
- Windows 95-OSR2, 98, Me, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista
- Novell Netware 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6
- Mac OS X, 9.x
- IBM OS/2 Warp and Server
- HP OPEN VMS
- The most widely used UNIX operating systems such as: IBM AIX, HP UNIX, SUN Solaris INTEL and SPARC, SCO Unix and UnixWare, Silicon Graphic IRIX, Compaq Tru64 UNIX and DEC UNIX, BSD UNIX and FreeBSD UNIX, NCR UNIX.
- VMWare ESX approved
Features and Benefits
- sequential and priority-based shutdown: PowerShield³ provides unattended shut-down of single and networked PCs, saving any active work and the most widely used applications Windows. Users can define their own shutdown procedures and establish the order in which critical computers (such as servers) are to be powered down.
- multi-platform compatibility: PowerShield³ uses the TCP/IP communications protocol to achieve standardised management and monitoring across the widest possible range of platforms. This makes it possible to monitor computers with different operating systems from a single console, for example monitoring a UNIX server from a PC with Windows and also connecting to UPS located in different geographical areas using dedicated networks (intranets) or the Internet.
- event scheduling: PowerShield³ users can program their own shutdown procedures, detailing power-off and power-up scenarios to increase system safety and, equally important, power economy.
- messages management: PowerShield³ keeps users constantly informed about the status of their local and network UPS. A list can be defined of users who should receive e-mail messages, faxes and SMS when faults or sudden blackouts occur.
- integrated SNMP agent: PowerShield³ features an integrated SNMP agent for management of the UPS. This agent is able to send all the UPS information and generate traps using the RFC 1628 MIB standard. This makes it possible to manage the UPS in compatible SNMP management stations such as HP Open View, Novell Managewise and IBM NetView.
- Wap server integrated: PowerShield³ allows the user to monitor the UPS through WAP mobile phone.
- security, easy to use and connect: communication is password protected to ensure UPS system security. Using the new discovery/browsing function, all the Riello UPS connected to a protected computer or LAN can be displayed in a list format. In the absence of a LAN connection, support is provided for modem-based communication.