Shown below is a ten point power check list which should be used when addressing organisational Power Continuity Planning;
Critical Power Supplies ten point check list.
1. Do you know all the critical power dependant applications involved in your business?
2. Are all your critical applications covered in the event of mains loss?
3. If your UPS or generator was installed some time ago will it provide the power and runtime required by your organisation today?
4. Are your critical applications fed by a second power feed?
5. When was your UPS or generator, last serviced or “tested”?
6. Do you have maintenance contracts in place for all your critical power infrastructure?
7. Are you monitoring all critical infrastructure solutions centrally and remotely?
8. Is your maintenance contract “backed up” by the manufacturer?
9. If you are using legacy UPS solutions have you considered upgrading them for a high efficient design – enjoying a 50% energy saving on legacy UPS designs and certain designs are CRC accredited.
10. Is your potential UPS, generator or standby power supplier able to carry out a detailed site survey and produce a detailed report of your load profile over a prolonged sampling period?
There is no substitute for preventative maintenance visits and where possible manufacturer backed maintenance visits. Critical Power Infrastructure drives your business do not let it become a weak point in your business.
If you would like more information or to arrange a site survey please call us on 0845 519 3638.