Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety, and Ethical Policies
Critical Power Supplies Ltd works with consultants and advisors in conjunction with Quality, Heath & Safety and Environmental matters, and reviews these policies annually.
Critical Power Supplies Ltd (the ‘Organisation’) aims to provide defect free products to its customers on time and within budget.
The Organisation operates a Quality Management System that has gained BS EN ISO 9001 : 2008 certification, including aspects specific to the provision and installation of critical power and critical energy solutions from leading manufacturers of UPS, generators, batteries, DC solutions, fuel cells and renewable energy products, including maintenance contracts and associated services including recycling of obsolete equipment.
The management is committed to:
1. Develop and improve the Quality Management System
2. Continually improve the effectiveness of the Quality Management System
3. The enhancement of customer satisfaction
The management has a continuing commitment to:
1. Ensure that customer needs and expectations are determined and fulfilled with the aim of achieving customer satisfaction
2. Communicate throughout the Organisation the importance of meeting customer needs and all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
3. Establish the Quality Policy and its objectives
4. Ensure that the Management Reviews set and review the quality objectives, and reports on the Internal Audit results as a means of monitoring and measuring the processes and the effectiveness of the Quality Management System
5. Ensure the availability of resources
The structure of the Quality Management System is defined in this Quality Manual.
All personnel understand the requirements of this Quality Policy and abide with the contents of the Quality Manual.
The Organisation complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements. The Organisation constantly monitors its quality performance and implements improvements when appropriate. This Quality Policy is regularly reviewed in order to ensure its continuing suitability.
Copies of the Quality Policy are made available to all members of staff. Copies of the minutes of Management Reviews, or extracts thereof, are provided to individual members of staff in accordance with their role and responsibilities as a means of communicating the effectiveness of the Quality Management System
Critical Power Supplies is committed to the environment and the protection and preservation of natural resources. In order to achieve this aim and satisfy the environmental concerns of our stakeholders, we are committed to the following principles:
- To develop an environmental culture in our activities to cover the life cycle management of products from supplier to customer.
- To achieve continuous environmental improvement by improving the efficiency, effectiveness and economy of our operations in our quest for ‘lean’ processes, efficient materials and energy usage, and waste reduction.
- To monitor our progress and review our environmental performance and impact.
- To prevent pollution from our handling of materials and waste, in our processes, activities and operations.
- To remove paper files from our organisation and become reliant on our information system.
- To comply with applicable environmental legislation and regulations, and with other requirements, where reasonably practicable, to which the organisation subscribes.
- To promote a reduction in waste, including the safe disposal of consumable items and products at their end of life.
- To learn from the environmental policies, management systems and audits of our key stakeholders and other organisations identified as ‘best in class’.
- To develop an awareness and understanding of how our organisation and each member can contribute towards our goals.
- To participate in a ‘local community’ and professional environment in the development of environmental processes and practices, where ever they may be performed.
Health & Safety Policy
Critical Power Supplies recognises and accepts its responsibility to provide and maintain safe working conditions and a healthy environment for all persons who may be affected by the Company and its operations. Health, safety and the environment will be given the same importance when making management decisions as other business considerations. It is company policy, so far as is reasonably practicable, to:
- Safeguard the health, safety & welfare of all employees, sub contractors and visitors whilst at work.
- Ensure that persons who are not in our employment, but who may be affected by our work activities, both on site and off, are protected.
- Provide safe plant and equipment and to ensure it is properly inspected and maintained.
- Provide the necessary information, instruction, training and supervision for employees and others who may be affected by hazards associated with work activities.
- Ensure that the work place, access to it and egress from it, is safe and without risk.
- Ensure that any substances, chemicals, oils, greases, gases etc. which are used as part of the work process, are assessed for their possible effect on health and appropriate systems of work adopted for their safe transportation, storage, use and disposal and ensure that dusts, fumes, noise and other occupational hazards, are controlled within safe limits.
- Ensure that no adverse environmental impact results from the work activities.
- Ensure that provision is made for adequate welfare facilities for employees, sub contractors and visitors.
- Communicate with the workforce in all aspects of health, safety & welfare and solicit their co-operation and assistance to create a safe working culture.
- Identify hazards associated with work activities, assess the risks, define the systems of work required to eliminate or minimise the risk and to check on control measures and their enforcement.
- Ensure that consideration is given to preventing injury and ill health and dealing with accidents, incidents and emergencies and that any contingency arrangements are communicated and documented.
- Ensure compliance with local and UK legislation applicable to our business.
- Commit to continuous improvement in the performance of health, safety and the environment and including the setting and reviewing of objectives.
Critical Power Supplies is committed operating across its organisation, customer and supply chain in the most ethical manner possible. To achieve this we strive to ensure that:
- Our goods and services are produced and delivered under conditions that do not involve the abuse or exploitation of any persons.
- Our business practices are transparent, open and honest and that we do not involve the company in any practices that could be considered unethical within any culture.
- We support an environment that is positive and contributes towards the well being and benefit of all concerned.
If you would like further information on any of our management systems and associated documentation please contact us.
Top of Critical Power Supplies page: Management Systems Policies