Tripp Lite 4000W APS X Series 48VDC 220/230/240V Inverter/Charger with Pure Sine-Wave Output, ATS, Hardwired - APSX4048SW
Find out how you can order belowHow to buy
- DescriptionReliable Power for Mobile, Emergency and Remote Sites
- Generates selectable 220/230/240V pure sine-wave power from 48V battery bank
- Ideal for powering variable-speed tools, computers, LEDs, fans, audio/video components and other sensitive electronics
- Designed for easy installation in RVs, commercial and fleet vehicles, emergency vehicles and construction equipment
- Functions as vehicle inverter, standalone AC power source or extended-run UPS
- Unlimited runtime with variety of user-supplied batteries
- Operable in single-phase or 3-phase mode for high-capacity industrial and commercial installations
Pure Sine-Wave Power for Normal and Peak Power Demands
- 4000W of continuous power
- 6000W of reserve power up to 1 min.
- 8000W of peak power up to 10 sec. to accommodate surge power demands during equipment startup and cycling
- Automatic overload detector, built-in cooling fan and resettable AC circuit breakers protect unit from damage
- High-current DC input terminals for simple hardwired installation
Configures in Parallel Connection
- Configure up to 7 units in a parallel connection for increased capacity up to 28 kW
Automatic Voltage Regulation
- Corrects brownouts and overvoltages without using battery power during battery charging and UPS standby modes
Automatic Transfer Switching
- Transfer relay switches to inverter power during blackout in 20 ms
3-Stage 1~70A Selectable Battery Charger
- Provides a selectable maximum charge rate up to 70A to the connected DC battery system.
- Serves as battery charger when external AC power is supplied and powering connected equipment
- Protects battery from overcharging and overdischarging
- Battery temperature port allows connection of optional remote battery temperature sensor, such as Tripp Lite’s APSSWTEMP
- ASNET (RJ45) ports allows remote monitoring through RS-485 (Modbus) communication
- Easy-to-use display and buttons allow operation configuration
- LEDs indicate load percentage and battery charge level
Rugged Steel Housing
- Resists moisture, vibration, impact and high-humidity environments
- Technical Data
UPC Code 037332179067
Nominal Input Voltage(s) Supported 220V AC; 230V AC; 240V AC Recommended Electrical Service DC INPUT: Requires 48VDC input source capable of delivering 120A for the required duration (when used at full continuous capacity – DC requirements increase during OverPower and DoubleBoost operation). For automotive applications, professional hardwire Maximum Input Amps 120 Input Connection Type DC INPUT: Set of DC bolt-down terminals. AC INPUT: Hardwire via built in terminal strip with cover plate Voltage Compatibility (VAC) 220; 230; 240 Voltage Compatibility (VDC) 48
Frequency Compatibility 50 / 60 Hz Pure Sine Wave Output Yes Output (Watts) 4000 Nominal Output Voltage(s) Supported 220V; 230V; 240V Output Receptacles Hardwire Continuous Output Capacity (Watts) 4000 Peak Output Capacity (Watts) 8000 Output Voltage Regulation LINE POWER (AC): Maintains nominal sine wave output from line power source. INVERTER POWER (AC): Maintains sine wave output of +/-2% Output Frequency Regulation 50/60 Hz (+/- 0.5 Hz)
Expandable Battery Runtime Runtime is expandable with any number of user supplied wet or gel type batteries DC System Voltage (VDC) 48 Battery Pack Accessory (Optional) 98-121 sealed lead acid battery (optional) Battery Charge Selectable 1~70 amp charge rate
USER INTERFACE, ALERTS & CONTROLS
Front Panel LEDs LCD display offers continuous status information on load percentage (6 levels reported) and battery charge level (7 levels reported). See manual for sequences. Switches 5 memebrane switches allow user to operate and configure unit operation.
Material of Construction Metal Cooling Method Fan Shipping Dimensions (hwd / cm) 29.97 x 31.75 x 78.74 Shipping Weight (kg) 26.76 Unit Dimensions (hwd / cm) 22.86 X 18.42 X 57.15 Unit Weight (kg) 25.85
Relative Humidity 0-95% non-condensing Operating Temperature 32-104 Fahrenheit / 0-40 Celcius
Network Monitoring Port ASNET (RJ45) ports provide RS-485 (MODBUS) communication for remote monitoring and management
LINE / BATTERY TRANSFER
Transfer Time (Line Power to Battery Mode) 20 millisecond (full cycle) / 10 millisecond (half-cycle) Low Voltage Transfer to Battery Power In AC “auto” mode, inverter/charger switches to battery mode as line voltage drops 10 to 80V AC (user adjustable). See manual High Voltage Transfer to Battery Power In AC “auto” mode, inverter/charger switches to battery mode as line voltage increases 10 to 40V AC (user adjustable). See manual
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
TVSS Grounding Main grounding lug connects inverter/charger to earth or vehicle chassis ground
Product Warranty Period (International) 2-year limited warranty
- Onsite Maintenance
Onsite Maintenance is as easy as 1, 2, 3, 4. Contact us for further information 24×7 on our sales number.
1: Plug and Play (400-3kVA) – Extended Warranty Contracts from 1 to 5 years from £5.99 per month ex VAT
For plug & play UPS Critical Power offers you a full range of distributed service packs. These competitively priced turn-key solutions optimize your UPS performances and enhance the availability of your equipment while meeting your financial constraints and technical requirements.
Warranty Plus Extends your warranty up to 3 years, next working day replacement Warranty Plus Extends your warranty up to 5 years, next working day replacement Intervention, Provides one preventative maintenance visit, planned visit Battery Plus, Provides replacement batteries to site, next working day replacement Warranty One Extends your warranty up to 1 year, next working day replacement
2: Hardwired (4kVA Upwards– Onsite Maintenance Contracts from 1 to 5 years from £49.99 per month ex VAT
No matter what, your UPS, Generator, Cooling, Switchgear or Electrical Hardware must be ready to perform at all times. While every power solution we supply is backed-up by a comprehensive warranty with the manufacturer, maintenance plans to ensure business continuity are highly recommended, particularly for UPS systems from 1kVA. In particular, the battery set is of prime importance, and must be in good working order. With other consumables, such as fans and DC capacitors requiring regular maintenance and inspection logs reviewed to predict potential future problems.
Technical Hotline 24/7 Yes Yes Yes Preventative Maintenance Yes Yes Yes Remote Monitoring 24/7 Yes Yes Yes Firmware Upgrades Yes Yes Yes Emergency Response Yes Yes Yes Labour Yes Yes Yes Parts Yes Yes Yes Monthly Event/Status Report option option option Onsite Crash Kit option option option Response Time 12 working hours 8 working hours 4 clock hours
3: 24×7 Remote Monitoring Contracts from 1 month to 5 years from £29.99 per month ex VAT
Remote monitoring of UPS, Generators, Air Conditioning, Site Access and Environmental Systems is essential to allow swift offsite investigation of fault reports and real-time monitoring of the site status, allowing the correct response to be created and dispatched to site.
Engineer Installation and configuration during normal hours 24×7 flexible status and remote monitoring. Encrypted communication, allowing safe offsite monitoring Alarms and events emailed and SMS texted automatically Firewall Friendly Cloud based status overview and multiple sites status on one screen Allows First Fix Response to Site
4. IR Thermal Imaging Surveys – Infrared electrical inspection. Infrared electrical testing finds hot, dangerous problems quickly. Infrared electrical inspections find hot spots caused by defects in connections and components.
Detect system overloads, loose defective components and damaged switchgear. Infrared electrical testing finds hot, dangerous problems quickly. Infrared electrical inspections find hot spots caused by defects in connections and components.
Infrared thermography is used to find areas of excess heat (caused by increased resistance) so that problems can be corrected before a component fails, causing damage to the component, creating safety hazards and productivity loss. Because increased heating is a sign of failure, infrared is the best diagnostic tool available for finding these hot connections in the early stages of degeneration.
- Reviews (0)
Shown below is a small selection of some of our customers we have helped through understanding clients challenges and implementing our unique approach to helping clients built around: listening to our clients, understanding the challenges they face and providing a range of options which compliments their requirements. Our aim is not to sell products but provide solutions with the help of our in house Power Consultants and Electricians.