Ensuring your installation meets the latest regulations and activating your manufacturers warranty.
5 star reviews
100% Customer Satisfaction
Efficient & Reliable Services
Covering The Whole UK
Fast & efficient
Fast & Efficient Services
UPS systems must be properly installed and commissioned in accordance with the relevant manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations in order to ensure a trouble-free working life. These are the two most important elements to ensure a ‘clean install’ and may both require certification before a system can be made ‘live’.
UPS INSTALLATION & COMMISSIONING SERVICES
We can organise a complete IEE certified electrical installation including:
- Assessment of the building incomer and existing single and three phase supplies, distribution and cabling
- The provision of full AC power distribution, electrical and site monitoring cabling, HV/LV panels, switchgear, distribution panels and power distribution units
All works (including UPS, generator and associated electrical switchgear installation) are carried out subject to quotation by one of our approved partners and installations are tested to the highest standards before certification and handover.
UPS and generator commissioning can be complex, involving an inspection of connections, peripherals, inside-the-box components, firmware matching, configuration, final setup and test, prior to switch-on.
Commissioning relies on every part being ready to perform within the UPS system. Only then can it be started and the training and handover begin.
Key aspects to note are:
- UPS systems up to 3kVA with plug and socket connections are user-commissionable
- Hardwired systems and larger systems require electrical supply connection to and commissioning by qualified and certified personnel
- Some UPS and generator manufacturers may void their warranty terms if the system is not commissioned by a certified engineer
- Particularly where the commissioning engineer has to have access to a manufacturer’s dongle and communications software
- Other UPS or generator systems may operate an ‘open protocol’ with widely accessible passwords, but to avoid cancellation of warranty obligations must still be correctly commissioned
- Load bank testing can also be supplied to provide a thorough testing of the UPS battery to support its load
Where a UPS or generator system is decommissioned, we can organise its removal and environmental disposal as part of our removal and recycling service. Only trained and certified engineers are used to commission, train and handover as part of the same site visit. This can be conducted either within normal working hours or at flexible times by prior arrangement to suit the project timetable.
Shown below is a small selection of some of our customers we have helped through understanding clients challenges and implementing our unique approach to helping clients built around: listening to our clients, understanding the challenges they face and providing a range of options which compliments their requirements. Our aim is not to sell products but provide solutions with the help of our in house Power Consultants and Electricians.